Our volunteers are our most important asset and they do a remarkable job for the animals, the shelter, and its programs. Volunteers come from all walks of life and all parts of the DFW Metroplex. We want our volunteers to work at the times that fit their schedules and participate in activities that meet their interests.
DFW Humane Society Certified Volunteers can expect:
- to help at times that fit the volunteer’s personal schedule
- to help in ways that interest the volunteer
- TLC, walk, socialize and bathe dogs
- TLC and socialize cats
- Show pets at adoption events
- Assist customers
- Help plan and/or work fun-raising events (garage sales, auctions, golf tournament, walkathon, food drives, penny drives, etc.)
- Perform art, graphics or computer skills
- Visit schools to teach pet care basics
- Lend clerical skills including preparing mass mailings
- Share general info about our shelter through our information booths at various events
Before you can attend our Volunteer Orientation, generally held on the first Saturday of each month, you must register and sign up for the next available class.
Volunteers must be 18 years old or older unless they are accompanied by a legal guardian or are working with a youth group with teachers and/or counselors. If you have a child under 18 years old that would like to volunteer with you, please review additional information on volunteering with minor children when you complete the registration form.
Questions? Email the Volunteer Coordinator